Monday, August 11, 2003

Comments

I read about Bookselling for Dummies in the current Publishers' Weekly. The title pretty much explains what the books is about, but there is more here than meets the eye. First off, the author is a well-known book industry consultant who, true to form, consulted hundreds of independent booksellers across the country to put together this Dummies guide. Second, this book is not available at Borders, or through Amazon; it was a limited edition printing that is being given away to independent bookstore owners to promote the Dummies line of how-to books, and as an act of brotherhood among the members of the ABA, the American Booksellers Asoociation. This book does have a listing at Amazon's British site, but it's not for sale there nor anywhere else that I've looked. I'd love to get my hands on this before I retire and open up a bookstore in Beijing.

On another note, there is a hardback copy of Dave Eggers' You Shall Know Our Velocity on eBay. Nah, I'll wait and get it at the library. I trust that the University of Michigan's libraries will stock more literature than Caltech's Milikan Library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home