Monday, January 03, 2005

Comments

I just wrote this on an ooooold entry of Kaizor's LJ where there were some comments on how the band 冷酷仙境's name should be translated into English. As far as the Shanghai crew, Asa says "Cold Fairyland", I say "Frozen Fairyland" and Chris says "Frigid Miasma". Lin Di says she likes Miasma because she likes the letter "M". Anyways, I'd like to post my comment here too:

A few weeks ago I was checking out the Haruki Murakami books at CD/books/movie shop "2046" here in Shanghai, and smiled when I ran across the following one of his books:

Japanese title
世界の終りとハードボイルド・ワンダーランド (sekai no owari to haadoboirudo wandaarando)
English title
"Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World"
Chinese title
冷酷仙境与世界尽头

I wonder where the 冷酷仙境 came from because it's not exactly the most faithful translation, it seems. Cool band name, anyways, and props for the Murakami reference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home