Friday, February 13, 2009

Comments

I just updated the English translations of the Shanghai bus routes that I maintain. Since the last time I updated them, the Shanghai Traffic Administration changed the format of their website so I had to tweak my code to match it. In the intervening months, many lines have changed stops or changed numbers and I was getting more e-mails from people looking for lines that exist but weren't in the list of translations. Also, I made a few small tweaks to the translation algorithm so that some stop names have better translations this time around. There are still bound to be mistakes in the over one thousand routes; if they are major and keeping you from easily using the translations, then please e-mail me. If you can't find the route you are looking for or just want directions from one place to another, e-mail me as well. Happy traveling and thanks for supporting public transportation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home