Wednesday, November 27, 2002

Comments

I stayed up late last night watching a little TV before heading to bed with my Harumi Murakami novel. As the time approached midnight, Elimidate went to commercials (one of the two shows worth watching on network TV) so I playfully flipped the channel, scanning the minor channels. What to my wondrous eyes should appear, but HEY HEY HEY MUSIC CHAMP! I was under the impression that it was no longer showing here in Los Angeles. My all-time favorite Japanese show, I started watching it in high school and loved it because it served the dual purpose of introducing me to new Japanese music and teaching me to read kana and kanji quickly as I struggled to keep up with the lyrics to the songs.

So I was ecstatic that I've rediscovered the show. Sunday nights are drama nights, and Monday nights have now become HEY HEY HEY nights. Last night's show features several artists that were new to me: RAG FAIR, w-inds (talking/tasting foods they hate; and by the way, they are a k-pop imitation group), Psycho le Cemu (weirdness cosplay music group). Besides that, they played the Mujik Mikusu-Apu (music mixup) game with a couple of Morning Musume groups (how many licks does it take... how many Morning Musume spin-offs are there...) and the Brilliant Green, who won. I've wondered how I would do on that kind of game, and I also wondered why MTV doesn't pick up on this and do a similar show.

Anyhow, an entire single entry on that topic because I'm so excited. How silly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home