Thursday, October 30, 2003

Comments

Julie and I have this reciprocal thing going where I worship her for being a literary goddess and having a deep understanding of the Japanese language (about where I wish I was in Chinese), and she insists that I have good taste in music. Since I learned from Just a Gwailo that women think self-deferential guys won't go to bat for them, I'll affirm that I spent a lot of time in high school and at Caltech keeping up with indie music and such, such that you could say I have a rather "developed" taste for music. Anyhow, my point is that in the post referenced above, Julie mentions listening to KCRW online, which reminds me to mention that I've been listening to some online radio too.

  • KPCC is Southern California's premiere public radio station. I'm a member!
  • Groove Radio was on the air in LA for a few months back in the late 90's, but its much-applauded DJ-less model proved to be less than profitable. Luckily, for fans of electronic dance music Groove Radio took to the internet and is still available in streaming mp3 format.

Totally unrelated, a buncha kids from the CCS went out to dinner tonight after class. Went to a place called "Sabor Latino" on State Street, next to Totoro (where I had lunch today with Miranda Brown and Lenore). I had two tacos, an enchilada, and a bottle of sidra. The big surprise was that our server was an honest-to-goodness Spaniard, from Seville, with the good ol' Southern Spanish accent. Nostalgic!

All that, and if you have a fast connection then you should download and listen to the mix on Construct Chris's livejournal. I can't stop listening to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home