Saturday, August 21, 2004

Comments

One of the things that impresses me about Hong Kong is the speed at which people walk. My normally blistering pace is pretty much the norm here.

The concert I went to last night was held on the 4th floor of the YMCA in Tsim Sha Tsui. The concert's name was "Girl Power"; the headliner was a Gothic rock band from Taiwan, and the rest of the bands were local indie bands, spanning genres from punk rock, to melodic pop, to jam bands. I picked up a CD by the group Good Morning Gloria, which charmed me with a soulful rendition of The Girl From Ipanema. The girl at the CD table invited me to visit their indie record store up in Mongkok, Panic records.

Today I finally got up early enough to do the hike on Lamma Island, and it's raining. I changed from a swimsuit into jeans, but I'm still doing the hike.

I'm eating better. I even packed myself a lunch for the hike: a bottle of water, a box of juice, an apple, a bag of salt-and-vinegar chips, some chocolate Maria cookies and a Snickers. I will purchase a sandwich from 7-11 on the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home