Sunday, May 15, 2005

Comments

Coolness: Richard posts about people writing messages on metro cards with magic markers, and then taping them onto newspaper boxes and telephone poles.

Would this be cool to do in Shanghai? Here, metro tickets get sucked back into the machine when you exit the destination stop. Is there some kind of inspection before the tickets go back into the machines to be reused? Could I write subversive messages (or Douglas Coupland Generation X-isms) on the tickets with my trusty-rusty Sharpy, and then find them again someday in circulation?

This might be enough to get me to give up my stored-value card...

(PS, I was excited that there was finally going to be a weblog about the Shanghai metro; now it's pretty much dead. What happened?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home