Sunday, June 26, 2005

Comments

I like the logo of the American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai:

It's the character 沪 filled in with the American flag.

The AmCham is having a 4th of July celebration on Saturday, but...

  1. Tickets cost RMB 325 (about USD 35).
  2. A US passport is required to buy them.

And the longer I live abroad, the more reluctant I am to do anything that requires a passport, and the more I see the document as a burden than as a privilege.

Anybody planning anything for 4th of July? How about a picnic in Changfeng Park? Or Luxun Park? John could bring his Frisbee, I'll bring my UNO cards, and if you have a soccer ball, then you're invited too. I'll check into the legality of fireworks in Shanghai.

1 Comments:

At Jun 27, 2005, 12:51:00 AM, Blogger Micah Sittig said:

I totally forgot about that. Lucky duck. Can you bring your Frisbee to work this week?

 

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home