Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Comments

Two interesting businesses that I'd like to highlight:

  • The kebab place in the outdoor back walkway area of Grand Gateway in Xujiahui. I used to go there all the time back when I was single and working at Melody. They were closed for a while, and then Jodi and I found them opened when we went to see a movie yesterday so we went there for dinner tonight. RMB 18 or so for a plain single kebab, 28 for the combo with fries and a salad, and 8 more for a can of soda. Jodi didn't like it, but it's definitely a place I'd take a friend.
  • The Scholastic English program at the Super Brand Mall in Lujiazui. There are a few English training places lodged together near the back of the Grand Gateway on the 7th floor, and one of them is a newly opened club for kids that has a relationship with Scholastic Books. That has allowed them to outfit several classrooms in American elementary school style, and keep a big library of classic American kids' books. If only they sold books... perhaps they could be convinced to do so.

2 Comments:

At Aug 16, 2006, 6:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

That kebab place is great. John Pasden took my wife and I there. My wife didn't seem to like it either, though its food doesn't seem like it wouldn't fit the average Chinese's tastes...

 
At Aug 16, 2006, 8:32:00 AM, Blogger Micah Sittig said:

Yeah, the place is friggin empty every time I go.

 

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home