Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Comments

Two nice things happened to me recently.

A couple weeks ago I stopped to buy breakfast one evening on the way home from work. At the 波力 stand where I usually buy my yogurt and pastry I found that I had forgotten to bring money. The lady behind the counter recognized me, and told me to just bring the money next Tuesday when she would be working again. Granted it was only RMB 5, but still pretty cool.

Last night after Latin dance class Jodi and I walked down Nanjing Rd to Ganguoju for dinner. When we werer close to finishing a manager suddenly came over and asked me to help translate for another set of diners. When the transaction was finished, he came over to our table and said some very nice things about Jodi and I, assuring us among other things that "our next generation" would certainly be a beautiful and talented child. When the check appeared, to our surprise it also came with a VIP card for Ganguoju. That's an RMB 150 value (USD 20), which entitles us to 7% off on future visits. We were extremely pleased.

2 Comments:

At Sep 23, 2006, 12:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

Ah - good karma coming back to you after all your good deeds!

 
At Sep 24, 2006, 8:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

buying breakfast in the evening?

 

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home