Saturday, April 19, 2008

Comments

On Friday night I made it out to the Tudou offices for their 3rd anniversary party, thanks to an invitation from Marc van der Chijs. The place was packed and going crazy when I arrived at 9:30, with a DJ (Missile Myles), dancers, black lights, drinks, wall painting... The party wound down by 11:00, at which point Joon and I realized that there was a secret party happening on the Tudou roof. We passed a bucketful of used 羊肉串 skewers and empty drink cans on our way up, where I chatted with Aether for a while before heading back home. It was a great night to be at Tudou, and it's always a pleasure to be walking the streets of Puxi at midnight. A few pictures:

A view of the party.
IMG_1437

Glow in the dark Tudou stickers.
IMG_1445

Gary and Marc cut the birthday cake.
IMG_1450

Missile Myles at work.
IMG_1463

"Maybe?"*
IMG_1481

"Yes"
IMG_1482

And of course a signature.
IMG_1484

The view from the Tudou roof.
IMG_1478

Leaving the office.
IMG_1490

*I was going to Rickroll everybody with graffitied Rick Astley lyrics, but the party music was so loud I could barely hear myself think. I went with a simpler "Kilroy was here" theme.

2 Comments:

At Apr 22, 2008, 6:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

Oh how I wish you'd rickrolled them! Nah, Kilroy's better for graffiti... I just found your blog after laughing my head off when I saw somewhere - I can't find it now - that you'd interrupted a ranty comments section with http://xkcd.com/386/. That was funny, thank you :)

 
At Apr 22, 2008, 7:35:00 AM, Blogger Micah Sittig said:

You're welcome. If I had a nickel for each time that comic comes to mind while surfing the web each day...

 

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home