Sunday, October 26, 2008

Comments

We've reached the point with Charlotte where we are going to have to start ordering a separate serving for her when we go out to eat. Today I shared my Taiwanese 卤肉饭 pork on rice with her and I was still hungry at the end of the meal because she ate so much.

Today was the first day where we really felt the pain of having two kids (well, actually it was the first time I paid a double-diaper/formula order bill, but now I'm talking about daily life). We spent most of the day out of the house, first at an early education center close to our house for a demo class, then at lunch at the Taiwanese grocer/cafe next door, and then going to the Dongchang Road area for some shopping. If we had taken Maryann alone, it would have been like when Charlotte was small and we still had only one baby: the occasional feeding or diaper change, some holding, a little playing, but mostly just sleeping in the stroller. Now, it's all that plus a perky, moody one-and-a-half year-old who weighs a ton, gets dragged along playing with the escalator handrail, wanders off to explore balconies and janitorial closets, runs into people and gets under their feet, and breaks dishes in restaurants by dropping them on the floor. We'd never regret having two kids, but we sure were exhausted when we got home tonight.

3 Comments:

At Oct 27, 2008, 8:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

No exhausted enough to write a post eh?? I enjoy your blog. Keep it up. What's with the Hitler Mao??

 
At Oct 27, 2008, 8:24:00 AM, Blogger Micah Sittig said:

Touche! Actually, it's a way to unwind and debrief at the end of a long day. For me, writing has become a way of thinking things through.

I'm not sure about the Hitler Mao! But from the looks of the writing next to him, it was the work of middle school students :P

 
At Oct 27, 2008, 9:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

Hitler Mao? I must've missed something.

Reminds me of my cousin-in-law's two year old. He's a very smart wee lad but possessed of that toddler energy and urgency. He loves cats. The feeling is not mutual. He has scars on his face to prove that. He has threatened to drive my father in law's bengbengche off into the distance- fortunately it takes at least one strong grown man to crank that thing up. Fortunately our dog is angelically patient with the wee lad. My father-in-law's cat hits back, but our dog will take anything from the wee lad, and the worst our dog will do is squeal then run and hide under our legs. Thank God for cocker spaniels.

My brother's about a year off from this malarkey with his wee lad. I'm sure that when we have our own kid, "run off our feet" will not suffice. Perhaps I should be spending a couple of hours a day at the gym in preparation?

 

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home