Friday, November 28, 2008

Comments

Interesting news, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it because I will have a busy summer that year:

THE Shanghai World Expo organizer will begin recruiting volunteers on December 5 to serve visitors outside the Expo site, an Expo organizer reported to the city’s top political advisory body today.

More details in the article itself, basically that not all volunteers have to work at the Expo site and that you'll be able to sign up by downloading a form off the Expo's official website and faxing it in.

Another interesting news item is this:

BOOKSTORES in the city are being hit by high rents and falling sales due to competition from online retailers, meaning many of Shanghai’s largest book retailers may shut down.

Dragon Books in Cloud Nine is the latest victim. To be honest I buy pretty much all of my books online these days. The only brick-and-mortar bookstores in Shanghai that I have any real feelings for are the used English bookstore on South Shanxi Rd and the artsy Jifeng bookstore at Jing'an Temple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home