Thursday, February 19, 2009

Comments

Ever since Jodi got me a new phone for my birthday, I've been listening to music on my walk to school in the morning. The problem is that I walk about 8 minutes and I'm too lazy to load up the phone with new songs regularly, which means I ended up listening to the same old songs every morning.

So I decided to do something I've been talking about for a long time and start listening to the radio instead. My phone can do FM radio when the earphones are plugged in, and eight minutes is just enough to catch a few news stories. It's a good way to start the day; it takes me back to high school when I used to read the paper each morning over breakfast. Or back to when we live at Zhongshan Park and I read the paper on my morning commute. Language-wise, it's nice to have"news Chinese" reinforced orally, something I need to do since I spend so much time reading news stories online. The station I'm listening to is 98.1; I haven't caught the name yet but it seems to have a consistent stream of news stories when I walk to work in the morning and come home at about 4:45pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home