Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Comments

I used to read the paper religiously in high school, so I have fond memories of comic strips:

  • Mutts

  • Calvin and Hobbes

  • Frank and Ernest

  • Far Side

  • Red Meat

  • Pockey the Penguin

  • Doonesbury

  • Mother Goose & Grimm

  • Foxtrot

When I worked at the library desk at Caltech I wrote a perl script that let me call up all the Doonesbury strips from their official site, one year at a time. I spent three or four hours getting an education in American political and cultural history of my parents' generation (my high school US history teacher skipped that part).

I tried to get into Bloom County, but I never "got it". I was out of the country during its prime.

I don't know anything about web comics (except that I was never bitter enough to understand Sinfest). You'll have to ask John about those.

2 Comments:

At Aug 23, 2006, 5:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

Dinosaur Comics rules all, followed closely by the Perry Bible Fellowship. Google them.

 
At Aug 24, 2006, 3:58:00 PM, Blogger Micah Sittig said:

John has spoken.

 

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home