Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Comments

Thanks to the Panic, I now own a white T-shirt with black sans-serif lettering that says

VISIONS OF CHINA
my life in the 80's

which really doesn't apply to me, since in the 1980's I had no idea I would become involved in things China. This T-shirt came from a pile of band shirts; any idea what band?

If I recall correctly, at some point I said that, fashion-wise, Hong Kong women are stuck in the 1980s. I have changed my perspective slightly. The look that I associate with 1980s Hong Kong is simply the look that Hong Kong women have always worn: the reason I associate that look with that specific time period is that most of the Hong Kong movies I have seen are from back then. Still, I think there is a slight connection between American fashion and Hong Kong fashion from that period that has since faded.

Oh, and if I had a dollar for every guy I've seen wearing a pink shirt...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home