Thursday, December 02, 2004

Comments

This evening as I was punching out at work I got a call from Chen Yaling inviting me to attend one of her high school friends' latin dance class, down next to People's Square in central Shanghai. So I did. It was pretty amazing to watch the instructors; they were obviously in their thirties or forties, but when they started to dance they looked like twenty-year-olds because they were so graceful and coordinated. The students were a nice mix of ages, with a median probably in the mid-to-late twenties. As usual, less guys than girls.

So I told Ms Chen that I'd think it over, but I'm pretty sure I'll be signing up for the Cha-cha classes starting next week. Two nights a week, Monday and Thursday, an hour and a half each, for a month. One hundred and fifty RMB, about USD 18. Plus a pair of black leather dancing shoes, RMB 80.

Anybody else in Shanghai who is interested, shoot me an e-mail or talk to me in person.

1 Comments:

At Dec 3, 2004, 3:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

More ladies then gentlemen? Sounds like a good ratio to me! Mua hah hah hah hah hah!

Are they going to let you out of the country to observe your imperialist religious views this year?

 

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home