Sunday, March 13, 2005

Comments

Friday night I went out for a long walk with Chris. We discovered: a cinema near my house that I had sighted from the bus a few weeks ago, a place called Hello Pizza that Chris assures me is good pizza, a Be For Time teahouse with piping hot bubble tea and a lost fifty RMB bill lying on the sidewalk in front of it (that financed our dinner and entertainment, woo!), and a Da Niang dumpling shop where we had 30 dumplings for RMB 18 (about USD 2.25).

But the highlight of the evening was the Tom's Arcade next to the dumpling place. We spent nearly two hours there. They had a bunch of classic games and a bunch of new ones, most costing two tokens. And since tokens were fifty for RMB 20, this worked out to about a US ten cents per game: old school prices! We played a shooting game, a drumming game, a semaphore game ("red up! white down!"), a tank game, and ice air hockey. It was so much fun, a great chance to loosen up and have a good time. You can bet I'll be back there in the near future.

1 Comments:

At Mar 15, 2005, 12:34:00 AM, Blogger Micah Sittig said:

I know exactly the game you mean. I like those Double Dragon sidescrollers with life-bars for the individual enemies too.

I can just see it now: Arcades of Shanghai.

 

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home