Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Comments

I keep getting a lot of referrers from Google Reader in logs. For a long time I've been a Bloglines user. I used Google Reader for a couple days right when it came out but it was a little buggy back then. I decided to give it another spin a couple days ago and am going back to Bloglines now, for two reasons:

  1. I can list my Bloglines feeds in any order I want, including crazy hand-picked orders using their drag-and-drop editing screen.
  2. Google Reader formats all posts so that they look almost the same, and then strings them together in a "river of posts". I prefer Bloglines posts being separated by weblog with a clear header (including the feed's title image, if specified), in the order I arranged the weblogs into.

I'm still going to miss the stats that Google Reader gives me about the weblogs that I read, but Bloglines still more closely matches the way my brain organizes its thought process when reading feeds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home