Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Comments

This sounds like some things I've heard at SMIC as well:

Classes are going better. By the way, I think I told you about the breakdown of the student population - 40% white, 40% Chinese, 20% mix of European and African? Well, not so. Most students are Korean and CHinese. I think I have a total 10 Americans from my 5 classes. Get this!!! Most Korean families send their kids to academies which the kids attend after school sometimtes until midnight and then all Saturday. The idea is that the students may attend Korean Universities which are apparently tougher than other countries' schools. So why not just go to the academies? WHy go to the American School? They feel the American School is good simply for learning English. Now, I'll tell you, our school is rigorous - at least that's what I've seen so far. Holy crap. I've got kids falling asleep in my classes. What do I do? It's crazy. I've emailed counselors for advice. Interestingly, I haven't heard from them yet. Hmmmm...

Personally, I haven't had any students fall asleep on me yet. If they do then we'll have to do something about it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home