Monday, December 01, 2008

Comments

Today after school, at the prompting of a colleague I hosted a Planetary Alignment Party to take a look at the grouping of Jupiter, Venus and the Moon in the night sky. At 4:30 I carried two sets of binoculars and a smallish telescope out to the elementary school courtyard and began setting up. At 5:00 we opened up the snacks, and spent the evening with students from preschool to high school, with teachers and administrators, observing the heavens above. It was quite a successful evening; pictures follow:

Call your friends!

Oh yeah, astronomy!

Smiley face

More on Flickr.

2 Comments:

At Dec 10, 2008, 9:50:00 AM, Blogger Megan said:

This looks fun. When can I see?

 
At Dec 10, 2008, 9:55:00 AM, Blogger Micah Sittig said:

I'm hoping to have the Observatory open for business in the coming two weeks; crossing my fingers. I'll let you know (if you're the Megan I think you are...).

 

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home