Monday, March 23, 2009

Comments

A while ago I wrote a post about English-language education in Shanghai. One of the resources that I said was available in print was a "book on the topic of Shanghai international schools." Today I finally went down to the school library and had our helpful librarian find it so that I can post the details here. The book is "Stadler's Education Guide", and is available in Beijing and Shanghai editions. It is split in two parts, the first consisting of articles covering international education in China in all its facets, and the second consisting of profiles of individual schools. After flipping through it for a few minutes, my impressions are that the writing is the same style as in China's expat rags, but the information is comprehensive and, at least for our school, relatively on target though without painting a complete picture. Since the edition in our library dates to 2006, I'd definitely recommend backing up any reading with a visit to the actual school before you commit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home