Friday, October 27, 2006

Comments

Knitting, digital photography, Iceland... (sorry Julie ☺) I predict the next hipster "thing" will be giving their kids Irish names. Check out this Gaelic sports team roster:

Paddy Clerkin, Seán Brady, Eoin Clerkin, Eanna O`Malley, Liam Burns, Ciaran Wilson, Conor Casselly, Colm Davis, Brian McGarry (capt), Podge Fluery, Colm Conlon, Joey Gormley, Eamon O`Connor, Ronan Brady, Seán Fox. Subs Cian McBride for O`Connor, Eoghan Maloney for Casselly,

And then maybe hurling (Youtube) to go with it (but that's a stretch).

2 Comments:

At Oct 27, 2006, 8:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

The Gaelic-pride infatuation does come in waves in Australia where almost everyone claims to have a bit of Irish in them (me included).

For example...

One of my married friends changed their family surname to Kynn (Gaelic for 'love/deep fondness') a few years ago.

And in a why-not phase, I joined a Gaelic sports club back in Oz. I'll always remember a scraggy old Irish guy yelling at our Gaelic team in a weird mix of Irish, English and gutter talk. His name was Seamus. He provided me with my education in insults during my formative years.

I also truly believe that Hurling is a mad game invented by drunken fools for those people with dental problems and a wanton need to smack people in the head with a stick.

Hockey looks mundane in comparison.

Craziness.

 
At Oct 27, 2006, 2:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

hey, i knit & took digital photos while in iceland ... hipster cubed!

 

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home