Friday, November 29, 2002

Comments

Darn, forgot to blog before midnight.

Thanksgiving feast today with Dad's side of the family. The family packed up and drove to uncle Bob and aunt Karen's house. Uncle Bob enjoys renovating old houses, and aunt Karen enjoys decorating old houses. So they moved to a really old house in Old Whittier and fixed it all up in the last two years. It looks very nice now, with large wavy glass windows, dark wooden frames and a big fireplace. Pretty much all of the family was there except for Brandon in the Air Force, who is starting his jet training in a couple of days. He just got issued his helmet and oxygen mask. Aaron was also missing, because he's visiting Paris with a friend from Berkeley.

For dinner we had turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, marshmallow salad, stuffing, orange rolls and sweet potatoes. After dinner, there was pie: pumpkins, pecan and apple. Good stuff!

After dinner, we sat around and talked, and played Boggle. Uncle Bob also collects old phonographs, so I took over my 78 RPM records that I picked up at the antique shop in Tianjin and listened to them for the first time since I've been back in California: old Chinese opera and revolutionary songs. I also sat out on their porch and worked on my Christmas cards, which are almost done and will be sent out soon.

Back home, I sent out a bunch of emails replying to all sorts of messages. Hopefully that catches me up for now. Did I mention that David Coyle is coming home for Christmas? I'm very happy about that. One thing I'm not happy about is tomorrow's shift at Borders on one of the busiest shopping day of the year. I'm going to try and sneak a Buy Nothing Day logo into my nametag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home