Sunday, April 26, 2009

Comments

IMG_6980

Last night for dinner I decided to take Charlotte out (Jodi stayed home to study) for a father-daughter dinner and to pick up diapers at Zhangjiang Carrefour. We took the Dongchuan Line bus to the Orchid Gardens (玉兰香苑) area on the outskirts of Zhangjiang to look for food. That area is an earthy, Chinese-diverse area that feels very vibrant and alive to me. There's restaurants from all over China, tons of people out on the street at night, and lots of "illegal activity", as in unlicensed taxis and street vendors. Two funny things I experienced: a guy wearing one of those "I ♥ China" T-shirt where the heart has the stars from the Chinese national flag, except it said "I ♥ Tibet"; and James Taylor playing over the muzak system in Carrefour. Been a long time since I heard James Taylor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home