Saturday, November 30, 2002

Comments

If I continue to write entries after midnight, it's all good.

Uneventful day, woke up around noon and went to work at three. It was supposed to be a busy day today, but we were well staffed so no pressure was felt. I wore the Buy Nothing Day logo in my nametag but nobody noticed. I had a few hours to shelve total, so I got about a sixth of the way through fixing-up my computer section.

Living in Tianjin, I bought a lot of CDs and I didn't have time to listen to all of them. Some I bought because I'd heard them before and knew they were good. Others I bought because it was a dry week, the selection was poor and I had a hunch they'd be good. Such was the Duran Duran CD which the CDDB calls the Wedding Album. It turned out to be an engaging and catchy album, full of dynamic tracks and memorable riffs. I've been listening to it quite a bit lately. Also, often on the turntable lately has been a record Shirley bought for me, Flower Drum Song. David Henry Hwang recently re-wrote the Rogers and Hammerstein musical to a completely different story, using the same songs but sung by different people in different situations. Probably the most recognizable song is I enjoy being a girl. I've downloaded the lyrics and find it quite fun to sing along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

« Home